This recipe is part of Dig Inn's Wellness Series. Dig Inn is a farm-to-counter restaurant serving up real, good food here in NYC with a focus on seasonal, vegetable-friendly cooking.
Summer is here! This recipe is all about celebrating seasonal berries and fruit, vacation time, sun, and refreshing food. Could you ask for a better combination?
The patriotic colors are in honor of July 4th weekend, and it’s the prefect recipe to make for dessert at your weekend barbeque, that’s also kid-friendly.
The creamy vanilla banana nice-cream will tease your taste buds into thinking you’re indulging in a sinful bowl of ice cream, but really its just fruit!
The strawberry sauce that swirls perfectly into the banana nice-cream, adds a tartness and strawberry sauce flavor. Almost sinful, but you don’t have to feel bad about eating any of these ingredients, because they are all pure all-natural ingredients.
Take advantage of these seasonal berries, and eat them up with this vanilla banana nice-cream bowl.
Simple, tasty, cooling, creamy, and patriotic. Talk about the perfect July 4th dessert recipe!
Makes 1 Serving
Vanilla Banana Nice-Cream
- 3 ripe sliced frozen bananas
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 ½ Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tspn. Vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds soaked in 2 Tbsp. of water
- Fresh blueberries
- Coconut chips
- Frozen raspberries
1. Blend together all rawberry sauce ingredients together until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency.
2. In a food processor, blend together the vanilla banana nice-cream ingredients until the mixture is thick and creamy. You might need to add more almond milk to the recipe if the bananas aren’t blending. Add a tbsp. more of the almond milk at a time if necessary.
3. Pour the nice-cream mixture into a bowl, swirl in the rawberry sauce. Then top off the bowl with frozen raspberries, fresh blueberries, and coconut chips. Enjoy this deliciousness!