What's one thing you crave in the mornings? This morning I found myself craving pancakes. I have so many pumpkin ingredients on hand, I figured why not make some pumpkin pancakes?! This thought didn't let me down. Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pancake mix is seriously the best, it always makes my pancakes fluffy and stay moist, which is a huge accomplishment for a gluten-free product. Mixed together with the pumpkin puree, spices, and nut and coconut milk, created pancake perfection.
I'm also super excited to announce that I will be co-hosting a yoga, meditation, and exploration retreat called Anzan on Lake Atitlan, Guatemala in April 2015. It will be a luxurious experience, where days will begin with freshly made organic juices, yoga and meditation overlooking the lake. The days will be filled with hikes, workshops, spa treatments and more. It will take place in a one-of-a-kind modern home right on the lake. Large open windows, a home that is one with nature, and quiet and peaceful. At night the sky will mesmerize you, the stars sparkle in the reflection of the lake. You will be able to enjoy this view while eating fresh organic meals made daily that support your vitality and nutrition.
I've visited Lake Atitlan twice so far and every time I go, I can't wait to return. The lake is a spectacular and spiritual place, that will recenter and reconnect you to your roots and the roots of the Earth. Once you visit you will understand the tranquility and peacefulness I describe. I'll be posting more information soon and the link to Anzan's retreat website can be found on my website soon!
Until then, I'll be daydreaming about the lake and eating my fluffy pumpkin pancakes!
Yields 5-6 fluffy pancakes
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten-free pancake mix
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup and 2 TBSP So Delicious pumpkin spice coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- Goji berries
- Pumpkin seeds
- Cocao nibs
- Organic peanut butter
- Organic maple syrup
- Sliced banana
1. Mix together all of pancake ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Heat up about 1 TBSP of coconut oil in a skillet on low-medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet and cook on low until pancake is golden brown on both sides.
3. Repeat step #2 until the batter is used.
4. Top off your pancake tower with the superfood toppings and drizzle maple syrup on top! Enjoy!