Peaches not only are naturally sweet and delicious, but are also great fro skin health and eye health. Peaches are filled with vitamins A and C make which help regenerate skin tissue.
Peaches also cleanse toxins from the body. They have a diuretic effect which helps cleanse your kidneys and bladder. They are also a healthy stress reliever! Peaches help to reduce anxiety and are even referred to as the ‘Fruit of Calmness’ in Hungary.
Peaches also help you lose weight! They are rich in fiber which keeps you feeling full longer. One peach contains about 35-50 calories. They even help to fight obesity-related diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Peaches are rich in phytochemicals called phenols that act as antioxidants.
All these health benefits from a delicious fruit!? I'll take it!
This recipe is perfect for any peach lovers out there. The gooey peaches mixed with maple syrup and oatmeal makes this recipe taste like peach pie for breakfast! I highly recommend you try it for yourself!
Serves 2 people
- 4 small or 2 large peaches
- 1 mashed banana (optional)
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Shredded coconut
- Raw Almonds
- Freshly sliced peach
1. Over medium heat, simmer sliced peaches in maple syrup and cinnamon. Add in mashed banana. Cook until peaches have softened.
2. Add in almond milk, water, and oatmeal. Cook on low heat and stir frequently until oatmeal is gooey and fully cooked. About 10-15 minutes.
3. Top off with shredded coconut, almonds, and fresh peach! Enjoy!