Another day and another bowl of oatmeal… I just love how creative you can be with the flavoring of oatmeal. Since I have no bananas left, but I had plenty of blueberries, I decided blueberry oatmeal it is!
If you ever get sick of having the same breakfast every morning, you should definitely try to add different fruits, spices, nuts, super-foods, or any mixture of toppings to change it up a bit!
This recipe is like blueberry pie…I used a lot of blueberries for a small serving. I also find that using water as a base instead of almond milk, allows the flavors to come through more! You have got to try this yumminess, you won't regret it! ;)
Yields: 1 serving
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 1 TBSP oat brand (optional)
- 1 TBSP flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
1. Boil water and add oatmeal, oat bran, and flaxseed meal.
2. Add blueberries, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and juice of the lemon to mixture.
3. Stir until oatmeal has cooked and become a bit purple from the blueberries.
4. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!