I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to think of new recipes or look for countless inspiration on Instagram and online! But last night as I was browsing (and drooling) over many beautiful food pics on my Instagram feed, and then it came to me, a new recipe! I knew I wanted to make pancakes or oatmeal, and you will most likely see an oatmeal version of this recipe with the same flavors. Since becoming vegan, I have been obsessed with peanut butter, no sweet cravings, just peanut butter cravings! Hey I'll take it! It's my body telling me it needs healthy fats.
So banana cinnamon chia seed pancakes came into my mind. The flavors are a combination of french toast, and peanut butter cup. Seriously, you can't go wrong with these two. I layered my fluffy cakes with organic peanut butter, shredded coconut and cocoa nibs. Then generously drizzled maple syrup on top to moisten and sweeten the decadent pancake stack.
I've been making the same couple of recipes for a while now, and they are just as good as this one, but it's so nice to develop a new recipes to add to my breakfast collection! You'll only understand what all the excitement is about when you try it out yourself.
This recipe is 100% vegan and gluten-free! Enjoy!
Yields: 4 medium sized fluffy pancakes
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup Bobs Red Mill gluten-free pancake mix
- 1/2 unsweetened almond milk
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- organic creamy peanut butter
- shredded coconut
- cocoa nibs
- maple syrup
1. Combine pancake ingredients together.
2. Heat non-stick pan and coat with coconut oil on low heat.
3. Cook batter in pan until golden brown and cooked through on both sides.
4. Spread peanut butter and shredded coconut on top of each pancake, and layer. Then top off with cocoa nibs and maple syrup! Enjoy!