This recipe only contains 3 ingredients! These are the perfect snack, although you might want to devour all of them at once so be careful!
You can add different dried fruits, flavors, and nuts into this mix. It can be used as a base to create more delicious recipes.
My weakness is dark chocolate, so I always make sure to eat or buy the most pure brands. Making this at home with simply dates and organic raw cocao powder is simple enough for when you have those dark chocolate cravings.
Here are some different ideas of what you can roll the truffles in to add color: shredded coconut, bee pollen, matcha powder, pistachios, goji powder, cocao powder, acai powder, or any other kind of nuts.
Makes 12 truffles
- 2 cups Medjool dates (soak in water for 15 minutes if hard)
- 2-3 Tbsp. cocao powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Raw unsalted pistachios
- Shredded coconut
- Cocao powder
- Goji powder
1. Add dates, cocao and vanilla extract into food processor. Blend until smooth.
2. Coat hands with coconut oil so that the mixture doesn't stick to your hands. Roll about a Tbsp. of the truffle mixture into a ball and coat with whatever topping you choose. I like to have a variety of color and flavor so I used four different flavors.
3. Place truffles on parchment paper and keep in fridge.
4. Enjoy these delicious treats!