Who doesn't LOVE a good banana bread recipe?! Well when you add chocolate chips AND walnuts into the mix, it takes it to a whole other level.
I've been making this recipe for a while, but recently I've started eating strictly gluten-free, so this is my gluten-free version. I have to say it came out even better than my orginal recipe. The bread came out seriously moist, light and fluffy.
I have to warn you though, it is mildly addicting and you may find yourself slicing off bites every time you walk past it. Or sitting at your computer in the kitchen, staring at it and planning on the next time its ok to have another piece...
This is the perfect recipe for brunch over the weekend, to bring to a dinner party, or to just enjoy at home. The key is using extremely ripe bananas, and I also like to use chocolate semisweet (42%) cocao chips. I prefer using ingredients that have been minimally processed.
Everything in balance. Yes, I promote eating a plant-based healthy lifestyle, but from time to time or for a special occasion its ok to treat yourself. I hope you treat yourself to this recipe! Enjoy!
1. Preheat oven to 350"F. Grease a loaf pan with oil and dust with flour.
2. Mix the mashed bananas, vanilla extract, orange juice, vegetable oil, and eggs together.
3. Then add in the sugar, flour, chocolate chips, walnuts, and salt. Mix together well.
4. Pour mixture into loaf pan, and cook for 45 minutes, until brown and cooked through. (The bread will seem gooey, but if you place a knife or toothpick into the bread and nothing sticks to it, its cooked through.)
5. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Enjoy!