This recipe is part of Dig Inn's Wellness Series. Dig Inn is a farm-to-counter restaurant serving up real, good food here in NYC with a focus on seasonal, vegetable-friendly cooking.
When I look back on summers growing up, I remember growing sweet corn, strawberries, and tomatoes in my backyard, barbequing with friends and playing outside. This recipe is reminiscent of a few of my favorite memories and ingredients I would pick fresh from my backyard.
Summer is especially exciting for me living here on the east coast, because its time I get to enjoy the outdoors and nature. I’m finally set free! I love going upstate to waterfalls, hiking in the woods, watching movies in the drive-in, and going to every just about every farmers market known to man.
This gazpacho celebrates summers bounty! Sweet corn, fresh heirloom tomatoes, sugar snap peas, and avocado. Its super simple to throw together, and tastes even better the next day.
This can be served up at barbeques and dinner parties. The sweet corn adds a creamy texture to this recipe, and the sugar snap peas, green onions, and corn on top add a refreshing crunch.
Celebrate summer with this seasonal sweet corn gazpacho!
Serves about 4 people
- 1 large yellow heirloom tomato
- 3 ears of yellow corn, cooked and kernels removed
- 2 yellow peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup of yellow onion , diced
- 1 glove of garlic, minced
- a pinch of cayenne
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sugar snap peas (thinly sliced)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Place all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender, except the kernels from one ear of corn. Blend until mixture is completely smooth. Taste and adjust any seasoning accordingly.
2. You can serve immediately, at room temperature; however, I would recommend refrigerating for 3 hours - overnight to chill the soup and to allow the flavors to develop.
3. When you're ready to serve, pour the soup into bowl, and garnish with any of the suggested toppings.