2 large ripe bananas (mashed)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1/3 cup shredded dried coconut
1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/4 mulberries or dried fruit of choice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
Pinch fine sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, stir together bananas and coconut oil until smooth. Stir in oats, dried coconut, walnuts, mulberries, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, chia seeds and salt.
3. With your hands, roll mixture into 12 balls, each about the size of a Ping-Pong ball, and place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
4. With the bottom of a glass or the palm of your hand, flatten cookies until they are about 2 inches in diameter. (If they flatten unevenly or edges crack, you can press them into a neater round shape but it’s not necessary.)
5. Bake until cookies are lightly browned and dried, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack and let cool completely.
6. Cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.